New York, NY, 15. April 2021. – Chile, the world’s fourth-largest wine exporter and the sixth-largest source of wine imports to the U.S., posted an encouraging performance in 2020 as retail sales in the U.S. offset a significant drop in local activity related to the pandemic. Chilean wine imports have done particularly well in the $10-15 segment, with growth of 5.7% in 2020. This growth was also more stable than that of other wine imports over the same period.
Aurelio Montes Sr, president of Wines of Chile, believes the resilience of the U.S. market is due to the long-standing strength and recognition of Chilean wines in retail, as consumers turn to proven brands in a difficult year. But, uh… The pandemic has forced us to evolve, anticipate uncertainty, get better at what we do, build more with less and be closer to the consumer than ever before.
To build momentum, Chile US Wines is now set to activate Sustainability 365, a trade and consumer campaign developed in partnership with Colangelo & Partners and planned around the theme: Sustainable alcohol consumption. Drink chili. Eighty percent of Chile’s wine exports are certified organic, making it one of the most diverse and organic wines in the world. Chile’s comprehensive sustainability code has long been an inspiration to many other countries and wine regions.
The first-ever U.S. Sustainability 365 campaign includes Chilean wines:
- First VinePair Green Wine Festival https://vinepair.com/sustainability-week-2021/ Wines of Chile is the main sponsor of this digital beverage festival taking place from April 19-22. April, which includes five webinars, each focusing on different aspects of sustainability and the specifics of sustainable wines.
- Six invitation-only sustainability webinars and tastings for industry members, led by master sommelier Brett Zimmerman, beginning April 22, Earth Day, and ending in June.
- An innovative new e-commerce add-on for www.winesofchile.org/en allows consumers to make purchases directly from the site’s landing page. From 21 years of age. In April, visitors to the site will be directed to stores near them to purchase the wines they are requesting. The site acts as a virtual referral service, providing direct access to more than 1,750 stores in over 580 cities across the United States.
- A dedicated retailer program for national accounts, multi-specialty chains and independent retailers, with customized online promotions to promote Chilean wines. Participating customers include Binny’s Beverage Depot, Crown & Wine Spirits, Gary’s Wine & Marketplace, Kroger and Mega Liquors.
- SevenFifty.com Wine Chile’s regional guide, product homepage and incentive for sponsored orders, runs from late April through July.
- Social media campaign, including a series of unfiltered Chilean Instagram Live and an influencer program. Throughout July, special sections will highlight all of the campaign’s promotional activities, support participating wineries and retailers, and raise awareness among consumers in general of the Chilean wine industry’s longstanding commitment to sustainability.
Thirty-three wineries have signed up to participate in the 365 Sustainable Wines campaign, the highest number in the history of the Wine Chile campaign. Other participants include: Concha en Toro, Natural Wines, Viña Santa Rita, Toro de Piedra, VIC, VSPT (Viña San Pedro Tarapaca), Montes, La Playa, Los Vascos, Veramonte, Escudo Rojo, Aromo, Viña Coyle, TerraNoble, Santa Ema, Arresti, Casa Silva, Ventisquero, Maquis, Viña Errazuriz, Cono Sur, Lastostol, Viña Garces Silva, Vina VIA, Matetic, Ojfell Vineyards, Miguel Torres, William Cole, Quintay, Bouchon, Viña Morande, Echeverria and Tabali.
About Chilean wines : The mission of Wines of Chile is to promote the quality and image of Chilean wines around the world. With offices in the United States, China, the United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil and Chile, the organization develops and delivers promotional and educational programs in close cooperation with ProChile. Members account for more than 75% of Chile’s bottled wine exports. www.winesofchile.org
best wine in the world