The Napa Valley Vintner Community provides Christmas presents to raise funds and awareness for winning the battle against cancer.
December 8, 2020, Napa, California – A Hour of Hope for the Holidays The V Special Production Holiday V Wine Foundation, demonstrates the resilience and strength of the Napa Valley wine community by demonstrating hope and festive traditions. The Napa Valley Wine Community is an integral part of the V Wine Festival and promotes the vision of Victory over Cancer ®.
Anchors: A.J. Harris (behind the V), Christian Hoff (Grammy and Tony Award winner), and the talented Broadway singer/songwriter Melissa Hoff (Tony Award and Hamilton Star winner) Leslie Odom, Jr., multi-platinum artist Andy Grammer, as well as the music of two of his own Napa Valley performers – winemaker Jeff Gargiulo and High Noon – with Smith Devereux Wines’ winemaker Ian Devereux White. Festive traditions, visits by initiates and recipes from some of the most famous winemakers in the Napa Valley complete the broadcast, which culminates in festive songs!
Behind the V is also a culinary adventure with chef Charlie Palmer and winemaker Clay Mauritson on Thursday the 17th. December, 4:00 p.m. PT. For more information, please visit www.winecelebration.org/behind-the-v.
Finally, each year the V wine festival celebrates the efforts and support of the participating winemakers by awarding them a grape bag in their honour. Over the past 20 years, the Laureate Award Program has mapped out many areas of cancer research for them.
To support the efforts of the V-Fund, Hope for the Holidays offers personalised gift packages from some of the winners of the Winner of Cancer® grant programme, with part of the proceeds going to the activities of the V-Fund in December. Participating winemakers and proposals include
- Familie Wijngaarden Ackerman (Lauren Ackerman / Breast Cancer, 2018 Honourary Scholarship Winner) donates 20% of the proceeds of the sale of all gifts to the V ;
- Alpha Omega Winery (winners of the 2011 Vintner Grant – Robin & Michelle Baggett / Stomach Cancer) donates 25% of the sales of the gift sets followed by the V-Fund ;
- La Chappellet Winery (2010 Vintner Grant Winners – Cyril & Blakesley Chappellet / Melanoma) donates 50% of the sales of the special holiday offer of the Vth Foundation;
- Frank Family Vineyards (2021 Vintner Grant Honorees – Rich & Leslie Frank) donates 25% of the proceeds to the V Foundation Holiday Collection ;
- Gargiulo Vineyards (2013 winner of the Jeff Gargiulo / Prostate Cancer Scholarship) donates 20% of the sales of his G Big 7 study to Cabernet ;
- JCB Collection (2018 Winner Grant Honorary Gina Gallo / Breast Cancer) makes a 10% donation and offers a 15% discount on the sale of its Eternal Springs of Passion gift bag;
- John Anthony Vineyards (2020 Vintner Grant Honorees – John & Michele Truchard / Colon Cancer) donates 100% of the sales of 3-packs to the V Foundation;
- The Miner family wine (2009 Vintner Grant Honoree – Emily Miner / lung cancer) donates part of the profits of 2017 to Emily’s Cabernet Sauvignon ;
- Pride of the Mountain Vineyards (2012 and 2018 Vintner Grant Honoree – Suzanne Pride of Brian / Breast Cancer) donates 20% of the proceeds to the V Trio of the Hope Foundation;
- Smith Devereux Wines donates 10% of all gift sets for the year 2020;
- Sophienwald Luxury Glassware offers a 20% discount on sales and offers to buy 6 and receive 2 free dishes as a bonus.
To see the special offer from Hope for the Holidays and to take advantage of all the special offers in December, visit the Hope for the Holidays page at www.winecelebration.org/holiday.
The Foundation’s V-Wine Festival has raised more than $118 million for cancer research over the past 21 years. V. The Cancer Research Foundation has funded more than $250 million in cancer research grants across the country.
For more information about the Fondation V Wine Festival or for a direct donation, please visit www.winecelebration.org.
About the V Stichting Kankeronderzoek
V. Cancer Research Foundation was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, a legendary University of North Carolina basketball coach and ESPN commentator. The foundation has funded more than $250 million in cancer research grants across the country. The proceeds of the event will be donated to cancer research funded by Fund V. The Foundation awards grants on a competitive basis and under the strict supervision of the Scientific Advisory Committee. For more information about the V-foundation or to make a donation, please visit v.org.
linkedin wine spectator,wine intelligence linkedin,wine and spirit education trust jobs,wset level 2 linkedin,wine spectator staff,wine industry network