Advertising

http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Waipapa-Bay-Wines-Releases-New-2020-Vintage-of-Signature-Sauvignon.png

http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/1606849955_220_Waipapa-Bay-Wines-Releases-New-2020-Vintage-of-Signature-Sauvignon.png

RedHeads Wine receives prestigious recognition for its work in the field of renewable energy.

http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Triumph-for-Redheads-Wine-at-Global-Drinks-Business-Green-Awards-2020.png 8. December – After an eventful year, RedHeads Wine received a special mention at the Drinks Business Green Awards 2020 and an award for its work in the field of renewable energy – a real milestone in the development of the winery!

The Drinks Business Green Awards 2020 is the world’s largest programme to raise environmental awareness in the beverage industry and to recognise and reward those who are at the forefront of sustainability and environmental performance.

By 2020, more applications were registered than ever before and the standard was higher than ever before, proving that the beverage industry really takes sustainability seriously. Patrick Schmitt MW, editor-in-chief of The Drinks Business, announced this on 7. December at 15:00 GMT in an online ceremony.

Alex Treskoutik, cellar master, is very satisfied with the result.

We are enormously proud of what we have achieved over the past year to contribute to a greener future for everyone. After winning the Drinks Business Green Awards for waste water management in 2019, we are very pleased and honoured to add this award to our winery. He made a comment.

With the recent forest fires in Australia, we are painfully aware of the signs of climate change and its potentially devastating consequences. To counteract this, in 2019 we built a new winery in the Barossa Valley, with a single plot as a starting point. Alex kept going.

RedHeads is proud that the winery is now fully operational and uses 100% renewable energy sources. At RedHeads, 97% of its operations are based on self-generated and stored renewable energy, with the remaining 3% coming from a certified renewable source.

The construction of the new winery has enabled RedHeads to focus on the production of high quality wines and the reduction of carbon footprint, waste and environmental impact. For RedHeads it is a constant movement towards sustainability that can inspire other wineries and industries to improve their waste and energy management.

Red heads by name, but green heads by nature.

The full text of the ceremony can be found at https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/greenawardsceremony/.

The RedHeads Studio Bar is open for tasting and sales on Fridays and Saturdays from 12:00 to 17:00.

For more information or pictures please contact Kate Kriven on 0416 924 061 or by email [protected email].

More information about RedHeads is available at www.redheadswine.com.

Follow RedHeads on Instagram by clicking here or visit www.instagram.com/redheadswine/.

About RedHeads

RedHeads Wine was created in 2002 by Tony Lathwaite in McLaren Vale in an old restaurant called RedHeads! The website was used by part-time winegrowers to free themselves from the chains of the company and produce real wines as they wanted. Small, handmade batches, interesting blends and great flavours. Today our roots are firmly anchored in Barossa and in 2019 the RedHeads built a special winery from the ground up.

The principles have not changed to this day. The target? Releasing the grape. RedHeads is looking for plots of high quality fruit produced by large wineries and sold at high prices. The team saves the grapes, several rows at a time, and gives them the attention they deserve at RedHeads Winery.

RedHeads works with more than 20 different varieties, which form the wines of the soul, personality and uniqueness. Every wine has its own story, no two wines are the same. It’s not just winemaking, it’s a movement.

Advertising

http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Waipapa-Bay-Wines-Releases-New-2020-Vintage-of-Signature-Sauvignon.png

http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/1606849955_220_Waipapa-Bay-Wines-Releases-New-2020-Vintage-of-Signature-Sauvignon.png

You May Also Like

Clean Wines: The Truth About Biogenic Amines and Wine

Looking for clean wines? Let’s take a look at some of the…

12 Splurge-Worthy Champagnes to Toast the Season

The years 2000 and 2010 were two great decades for champagne. Because…

Best Wine with Spaghetti for 2020 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]

Maybe you opened a bottle of your favorite wine at dinner and…

The Ultimate Gift Guide For Wine Lovers •

Whether it’s for Christmas, a birthday, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day…