Charles Krug Winery has announced that it will host on-premise events in 2021 as part of a rebranding effort that will see the Napa Valley winery return to its roots. Krug, which was founded in 1861, has a long history of hosting events for its customers, but stopped doing so in the early 2000s. In a press release, Krug CEO Grant Davis stated that the goal of the rebranding is to “help Krug to grow by returning to its roots as a winery that makes wines for the public and is also a gathering place for them.”
Napa, CA, 27. April 2021. – Charles Krug (www.charleskrug.com), Napa Valley’s oldest winery and home of California’s first tasting room, is pleased to announce the return of events at the winery this spring, and again in the summer and fall, with a variety of aptly named events that will continue the historic property’s reputation as a community gathering place. A leader and innovator in Napa Valley hospitality, Charles Krug is actively developing his offerings and expanding the depth and breadth of his rich calendar of annual events.
Here are some of the 2021 events taking place at Charles Krug:
- Blue Note Napa: In partnership with Blue Note Napa (the famed Blue Note New York Jazz Club), Charles Krug Winery will temporarily host Blue Note Napa for a series of outdoor concerts. Two concerts are held each evening, on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, with 260 guests enjoying live music, food and wine at bistro-style tables. Concerts begin on the 22nd. May and until mid-October. Tickets are available at bluenotenapa.com or ticketmaster.com. The concert will feature artists such as Brian McKnight, Tycho, Los Lobos, Pink Martini and KT Tunstall.
- Napa Valley Festival: Charles Krug is excited to partner with the Napa Valley Festival in July, presented by the Napa Valley Festival Association, a non-profit organization whose mission is to make the arts accessible to all through world-class performances and engaging arts education programs during the festival, which runs from July 15-26. July takes place. The event itself will take place at the winery, where a stage will be set up on the large lawn with performances by Jean-Yves Thibaudet, Lisette Oropesa, Michael Fabiano and Roberto Bolle, among others. Visit https://festivalnapavalley.org/ for more information.
- Cameo Theater: The Cameo Theatre, known locally for promoting cinematic cultural heritage, will screen outdoor films every Wednesday from April through September 2021 at the Charles Krug Restaurant. Charles Krug will welcome moviegoers to the lawn on the north side of the Redwood Cellar for a luncheon prior to the film. Visit https://www.cameocinema.com/about for more information.
- NIMBASH: The annual celebration of Napa Valley food, drink and artists takes place in September at Charles Krug. It will include a series of art events, local food and wine, musical performances, a fashion show and a silent auction to support the local art community. Visit https://www.nimbusarts.org/nimbash/ for more information.
- Sunset Cinema Series: Charles Krug is pleased to once again partner with the Napa Valley Film Festival to host this summer’s Sunset Cinema series on the Charles Krug Great Lawn. Guests will enjoy a variety of movies at sunset against the backdrop of the adjacent redwood forest. Screenings at the Sunset Cinema take place on the 9th. July, 6. August and 3. September takes place.
While the winery has deftly managed to host a variety of gastronomic offerings in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic – in the past 12 months, it has frequently hosted virtual comedy nights, cooking workshops and online magic shows for its clients – Charles Krug is eager to reintroduce events like the winery’s acclaimed grass tastings in September (68 years in a row), which evolve and enhance the traditional tasting room experience while creating a safe atmosphere.
There’s always something new at Charles Krug, says Peter Mondavi, Jr, co-founder of Charles Krug. Wine tasting in the Napa Valley continues to evolve and become an increasingly attractive activity, and we recognize that our great wines can be associated with a variety of great experiences that contribute to the cultural richness of our community.
Charles Krug has a rich history in Napa Valley that includes some exciting events in our iconic vineyard, added Judd Wallenbrock, president and CEO of C. Mondavi & Family, the parent company of Charles Krug Winery. We are thrilled to continue this tradition with great partners like Blue Note Napa, Napa Valley Festival and all those we are working with for our event series this summer.
For more information on Charles Krug events in 2021, visit https://www.charleskrug.com/#events and Instagram @charleskrugwinery.
ÜBER CHARLES KRUG WINERY
In 1943, Italian immigrants Cesare and Rosa Mondavi purchased the historic Charles Krug Estate, the oldest winery in the Napa Valley and the oldest tasting room in California. Built on a foundation of family values, hard work and European winemaking traditions, the company remains today a family-owned and operated business producing exceptional wines from Napa Valley vineyards. The vineyards are run by Peter Mondavi Jr. and Mark Mondavi, the third generation owners whose predecessor was Napa Valley legend Peter Mondavi Sr. Today the family, proudly in its fifth generation, continues the legacy that began more than 75 years ago and is building a foundation for the generations to come. For more information, see www.charleskrug.com/.