Since wine consumption is considered a social event by many, it’s easy to see why wine glass decorations are becoming increasingly popular.
These little gems, also known as charming wine glasses, are more than just decoration. They have a specific purpose and, if chosen carefully, can be used as a small gift.
There are many charms for wine glasses, but if you’re a handyman, it can be tempting to make your own.
There are two methods I like to use to make charming wine glasses, and to help you in this mission, I will describe both methods below.
Do-it-yourself wine glass pendant: step by step
What are wineglass pendants?
Before we get into the details of learning how to make wine glass charms, we need to talk about what these things are.
In case you’ve never heard of it: Wine glass pendants are small jewels that decorate the base of wine glasses.
In addition to its decorative properties, the appeal of glass often has a functional aspect. They are especially useful at parties, as they help guests identify their glass at any time.
Glass mascots can also be used as small gifts or favors at events like Christmas, weddings or engagements.
Due to their different uses, these small objects come in a variety of shapes and sizes. In addition, they can be made of precious metals, pearls, felt or anything else you can imagine.
There are many ideas to inspire you before you decide which glass pendant suits you best. On the other hand, many manufacturers and craftsmen offer many ready-made amulets. However, if you want to make it your own, there are two easy ways to do so.
Manufacture of wineglass pendants
Glass wine hangers can be made from a variety of materials. The procedures vary depending on the method, and there are many guides you can follow.
Since I like to use glass charms as small favors at wine and cheese parties or more formal events, I prefer charms that look like jewelry. Therefore, the two methods described below focus on making mother of pearl pendants on metal buckles.
Both memory wire and earrings can be used. Choose the beads you like and follow these simple steps to impress your guests.
How to make glass mascots from scratch
If you are starting from scratch and have nothing to reuse or recycle, here is what you need and what you need to do.
What you need.
- Wire for storing DIY jewelry ;
- Crystal, glass or stone beads;
- Different spells;
- Decorative rod;
What you should do.
- Choose the type of jewelry thread you want, ideally 0.75 to 1 inch in diameter. It’s the equivalent of a ring-sized memory wire, and you can choose the color you want, for example. B. Grey, silver or gold.
- Measure loops 1.25 inches in diameter and cut the wire to the correct size with a heavy duty wire cutter. Note that memory wire is difficult to cut, so you may want to invest in a wire cutter to use instead of the wire you already have.
- Using a good jewellery bar, twist one end of the wire to form a small loop. This buckle holds the beads and charms in place while you make the composition. The easiest way to make a loop is to twist the end of the wire relative to the curve.
- Create the design of your wine glass with your favorite beads and charms. If you want to help your guests identify their glasses, you can use beads of different colors or make different patterns. You can even use personalized charms with initials or names.
- Once you have created the desired composition, make another loop on the other end of the memory wire to attach the beads and sayings. As before, use a jeweler’s rod and twist the end against the bend of the memory wire.
- Attach the pendants to the glass by simply pulling the ring on the side and sliding it around the bottom of the glass. Because the memory wire retains its shape, you don’t need to use anything to close the ring.
Manufacture of wineglass pendants and earrings
When I want to use glass pendants for charity, I replace the memory wire with precious metal earrings. In this case, the procedure is easier because you do not need to form a memory wire.
What you need.
- Metal or precious metal earrings ;
- Crystal, glass or stone beads;
- Different spells.
What you should do.
- Choose rings for earrings with a diameter of 0.75 to 1 inch. If you want to use charms as gifts, use precious metal earrings. Or, if you just want a simpler way to make a charming glass of wine, use wire rings for the earrings.
- Just like before, create compositions with colorful beads and pendants.
- When you are satisfied with the result, close the earrings around the glass base. Use the charm of a glass of wine as a gift or small present for the holidays.
Tips for do-it-yourself wine glassware
As you can see, it is very easy to make wine glasses. However, there are a few tips to keep in mind if you want your little gems to stand out from the crowd.
- Keep the design simple: Whatever the occasion, the simple charms of wine are more appealing than complex designs. Choose a few colors and make simple designs.
- Make them unique: Once you’ve created a design you like, it’s tempting to copy it. However, try to make each glass of wine unique. This way the guests know which glass belongs to them and they have the original gift at the end of the party.
- Adapt the charm to the occasion: If you are hosting a themed party, for an event or during the holidays, prepare a glass of wine that is appropriate for the occasion. For example, you can make Christmas cards with little Santas, reindeer, sleds and other themed cards. In celebration of the wedding, personalize each pendant with a small photo of the happy couple. Use your imagination to come up with ideas related to the theme.
- Use unique beads: All hardware stores offer a wide selection of jewelry beads. But you can also make them yourself with polymer paste. This guarantees the originality of your charm, while your skills are sure to please your guests.
- Use gems: If you want to turn a wine glass into a truly precious pendant, you can replace the pearls with gemstones on a precious metal earring. Use these fine wine glasses as Christmas gifts for your loved ones.
Making wine glasses is very easy, and the original designs you create will undoubtedly make a difference. You can add personality to any event by helping your guests keep track of their drinks.
Wine glasses are not only functional but also decorative. When turned into earrings, your guests can even make jewelry out of them.
It’s time to get to work personalizing this wine and cheese party you’ve been planning for a long time! Have fun!
step-by-step instructions example, step-by-step process, step-by-step process examples, step-by-step meaning, how to guide example, writing a how to guide template, how to guide sample, how to guide topics